Sunday, January 30, 2011

I accept your challenge!!!

I accepted my sisters challenge and tonight we made what I would call winter soup.  It consisted of potatoes, celery, leek, chard, bacon, cannelini beans, onion, and garlic.  It had chicken stock for the broth and a lot of whole seed dried herbs such as fennel, thyme, celery seed, red pepper flakes and rosemary.  Towards the end we added a dollop of stone ground mustard which balanced it out perfectly.  I was very skeptical since I do not usually like broth soups but I would have eaten it all night.  The only thing we would have changed is adding a thick cut slice of toasted sour dough bread.  We will finish the night with some delish apple turnovers that I made last night, a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.  Yum Yum!  Will hopefully post some pictures soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment